This is the perfect dessert. It tastes wholesome and earthy and is a great alternative to traditional custard. We dollop it onto waffles for weekend brunch!
VEGAN GRAIN-FREE GLUTEN-FREE | Serves 4
- 1/2 cup (70g) diced pumpkin
- 250g coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons (35g) raw sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) raw cashews
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (8g) tapioca flour
Preheat oven to 1500C.
Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a small oven proof dish and bake for approx 40 minutes or until set. Enjoy hot or cold with freshly grated nutmeg.
Add some freshly grated pear and ginger into the custard and fold through. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with some toasted pepitas.