A delicious, quick mix loaf that uses quinoa sprouts to achieve a soft, chewy texture. Allow 2 days for the quinoa to sprout, maybe longer if the weather is cool.
- 12/3 cups (260g) Monica's Mixes gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup (25g) psyllium
- 2 tablespoons (30g) golden flax meal
- 1/4 cup (30g) sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (85g) quinoa sprouts (page 130)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut yoghurt
- 1½ teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 260mls warm water
- Extra maple to drizzle on loaf
- Extra mixed seeds to sprinkle on top
Turn oven on to 100oC for 10 minutes and then turn off. This is where you will place the loaf to rise before cooking.
Place all ingredients except water and extra seeds into a bowl, stir to combine. Add in the water and with clean hands start mixing the dough. It will seem very runny to begin with but within 3 – 5 minutes it will be a firm dough.
Shape the dough into an oval loaf and place into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
Using a sharp knife, slash the dough 4-5 times, drizzle with maple and scatter the extra mixed seeds over the top. Place into the pre-warmed oven for 30- 45 minutes. Make sure the oven does not feel too hot, it needs to just be warm.
Remove loaf from oven. Turn oven back on and preheat to 200oC. When it has reached temperature, carefully place the loaf into the oven. Bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.